with great power comes great responsibility
to keep your friends cool in summer
time to bring back the heir conditioner
comic © me
oK SO i saw this crockercorp alpha dave design aND„, I REALLY WANTeD TO DRAW IT so i did i guess but im sorry its really weird idk
im exhausted and its three am (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧*
this is it. this is the most important gif on tumblr.com
no okay but let me tell you a story
so at school I’m generally a pretty quiet person. I talk to a few people, I have a few friends, but I keep to myself a lot. So anyway, during lunch I’m on tumblr mobile, and this thing comes up. I put the gif onto full screen, and kind of half laugh at it. Then this guy who I have literally never talked to before walks by and then slowly back up and starts looking at my phone screen. I try to explain what I’m looking at, but really, how the hell do you explain this? Anyway, he waves over one of his friends so his friend comes over and looks at it. I’m still sitting in my chair, and we are all still completely silent. Soon more people begin to gather. 12 people, to be exact. 12 people, many of which I have never spoken to before, standing in a large, silent, ritual-esque circle around my iphone which is playing this gif on loop. After about five minutes, the first guy goes “how long is this?” and I was like “uh, its, um, its a gif, so it kind of goes on forever.” he nods and says “perfect”. These were the only words spoken throughout this whole event.
i like to imagine the timeline collapsed in on itself and i like to imagine that
he was scared, if only for rose
‘nother dumb speed thing
there is no reason for “sean” to be pronounced “shawn”
Spirited Away (2001)
“Once you’ve met someone, you never really forget them.”
This is 35 seconds of Neil deGrasse Tyson dancing or: The greatest 35 seconds of your entire life.
Never want it to end
Reblogging myself cause I’m cool like that.
I felt like this would be fun to bring back. Take a drink every time this happens in a DCI show. You’ll probably be blacked out before the Crossmen come on…
Not original - borrowed from a friend - lycanthropeful
• A corps forms their signature “shape” on the field (Carolina’s crown, Madison’s fleur-de-lis, Spirit’s delta, Crossmen’s templar cross, Phantom’s chevron, etc.)
• SCV’s cymbal line forms the V
• Somebody in the front ensemble is shown getting way too into it
• The main character Phantom Regiment’s show climbs the podium and commits suicide at the finale
• **Two shots if the crowd is on their feet within seconds of this happening
• Glassmen play Beethoven
• Sideline reporter calls contras or basses “tubas”
• Noticeably phallic drill set (I’m looking at you, giant ejaculating penis from Carolina Crown’s 2006 show)
• During snare line feature, every drummer either crab steps forward and then back, or kicks one of their legs back behind them
• Drumline has a solo standing on a raised platform
• Someone in SCV looks lost and is running around the field
• Colorguard uses chairs, stepstools, or wooden furniture
• **Two shots if they lift them above their head at any point in the show
• The ballad makes you cry
• Troopers play Copland
• Drum major removes shako or hat in a considerably badass manner/throws it on the podium
• Phantom’s mello line holds a note for longer than 12 seconds
• **Two shots if they repeat this two-second motif that they used in both 2003’s Harmonic Journey and 2006’s Faust (what’s sad is that I remembered this when I saw Faust live and was like OMG THOSE TWO NOTES)
• Madison Scouts’ colorguard is wearing suits
• Someone drops a flag/rifle/or sword
• Mellophones play a feature while hanging from/standing on a geometric tower or ladder (Cavaliers 2005, Madison Scouts 2010, Carolina Crown 2011, etc.)
• When you hear the quote of “Conquest” in the Boston Crusaders’ show (if you don’t hear it every year, you haven’t been listening. It happens EVERY year)
• Blue Devils play jazz
• Corps enters or exits the field from the far top left or top right corner
• Soloist is covered in shear fabric/otherwise hidden somehow
• Drill is centered around a single, large prop (Boston Crusaders’ 2010: the throne, Cadets 2005: the door, etc.)
• Field judge gets run over by the battery
• Cavaliers do push ups, play upside down, or act like robots. Any of these three.
• A soprano squeaks a note during a solo
• Brassline does that move with their knees: bend one knee in, then out, while crouching. Do it with the other knee. As seen here
• Brassline is kneeling/laying down while playing
• Mirrors, anywhere.
• Colorguard tells a love story
• Company front!
• SCV plays Bartok, Barber, or Shostakovich
• Corps director says “We’re thinking outside the box.”
• Steve Rondinaro or Don DeLucia make a creepy/perverted comment to female on-field reporter
• Female corps member is interviewed and her gender is made into an issue (Steph Vaskalakis, or whatever her name was, the female snare drummer from the Blue Devils interviewed last night at QFs)
• Four words: “Nessun Dorma” and “Pagliacci”
How Drum Corps Changes Your Life
Made by my seat partner Erika Kooda
A quick story of how this sport will change your life forever.
I’m sobbing. This is beautiful.